My Hometown

 Hello. This is a paragraph about my hometown. Remember, a paragraph includes:

- A topic sentence

- Two or Three main points

- Detail sentences about each main point

- A concluding sentence

Topic Sentence:  My hometown is Vancouver, Washington.

Point 1: It's a small town in the United States.

     Detail 1:  It's near Canada, but much smaller than Vancouver, BC. 

Point 2: My hometown is very rainy. It rains for most of the year.

     Detail 2: Because it rains all the time, my hometown is very green. It's beautiful all year round.

Point 3: My hometown has lots of small cafes and diners nearby.

     Detail 3: I especially like to visit local coffee shops and donut shops. There are also great pancakes and cinnamon rolls! There's a diner that serves a cinnamon roll the size of a cake! I recommend it.

Concluding sentence: Even though it's small and a little boring, I hope you can visit my hometown someday. It's very relaxing.

FULL PARAGRAPH:

My hometown is Vancouver, Washington. It's a small town in the United States. It's near Canada, but much smaller than Vancouver, BC. My hometown is very rainy. It rains for most of the year. Because it rains all the time, my hometown is very green. It's beautiful all year round. My hometown has lots of small cafes and diners nearby. especially like to visit local coffee shops and donut shops. There are also great pancakes and cinnamon rolls! There's a diner that serves a cinnamon roll the size of a cake! I recommend it. Even though it's small and a little boring, I hope you can visit my hometown someday. It's very relaxing.

15 HONEST Pros and Cons of Living in VANCOUVER, Washington
Mt St Helens - view from Vancouver, WA
Compass Coffee Roasting, Vancouver, Washington
Compass Coffee - A coffee roaster in Vancouver, WA
One mountain of a cinnamon roll. And the best part it is tasty from start  to finish. - Picture of Carols' Corner Cafe, Vancouver - Tripadvisor
Cake-Sized Cinnamon Roll at Carol's Corner Cafe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Favorite Day